Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy Sink-O De My-O

That's right. I hosted a party celebrating somethin that happened in Mexico a long time ago on May 5th. Not sure what I was celebrating, but it was awesome! (and delicious) We all gathered together to eat all the mexican food and my mother and I could find at Costco. We had bite size tacos, chimichangas, tocitos, horchata, and some weird marshmallow crazy cracker things. I would consider it a success...and of course the best part of the night was when we went out back to put to the test the pinata Annie and I had slaved away constructing earlier that day. We made it into a golden star to represent...well, look up some Mexican history and I'm sure you will find some symbolic purpose for a golden star. Our purpose was to bash it open and eat some delicious candy (compliments of the US of A). Fun night fun night. We decided to let Haley go first, not because we love her oh so dearly, but simply becuase our pinata layout was designed to only withstand one blow and we knew how distraught she would be if she didn't get to smack it at least once. To everyone elses surprise, my pinata took the innitial beating like a champ!! That's my baby. Made ford tough. So after Haley hit it multiple times with only minimal damages, we decided to open the beatings to all who would like to participate. Jason, Brandon, Jordan, Annie, Lincoln, and even myself opened a can on that poor pinata, but it wouldn't spill. It was awesome. I am not sure if I've ever felt more proud of any of my prior creations.
Brynlee was so cute, once the candy started spilling out it was as if someone had opened up an entire new idea to her...the sky was dropping delicous chocholatey goodness, a candy filled forcast. It was fun to watch her literally scream her approval of this new experience.

1 comment:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Chan, that was a really fun party. I'm glad I got in some good food that night since I didnt get to eat for like 22 hours the next day due to having a baby. :)