Monday, April 19, 2010

Wacky 5 Tourny!


What a fun day!! I can't remember the last time I said that. Collegiate soccer is always rough in the off season, but has been extremely rough this spring....but today was an exception!! Today was our annual Wacky 5 Tournament!! Throughout the spring season we play small sided tournaments every Monday (with some crazy conditioning for the losers-very much NOT fun) BUT today, on this glorious day, we had our very last small sided tournament, and as is tradition for Aggie soccer, it was our WACKY 5 tourny!
So, you may ask, what does that mean? It means, exactly what it says...it was WACKY! We split into teams (usually decided by our spring statistics, but this year it was our "olympic" teams (a story for another time)) and because we don't get to celebrate Halloween due to the fact that we are in season at that wondrous time of year, we celebrate it at the end of the spring! Not a bad idea if you ask me.
So today, in the heat of the day, at 3 o'clock pm we all gathered in our various teams dressed up in our silly themes! My team was "White Trash" (sorry if I offend any readers, but quite frankly, this is my blog so I can say whatever I want) and it was great!
The other teams were dressed as 80's work out girls and Warrior Princesses! It was so funny to play in our costumes and watch everyone in the North End-zone building (and if you've never been up to the USU football stadium pretty much the entire building is made of glass, aka windows aka EVERYONE at study hall or anyone who works there or pretty much any athlete or coach at Utah State could watch us in our silly/hideous outfits...it was great)
Well, needless to say, my team won the whole shabang. Didn't lose a single game! The one time where we don't have to run...I win. isn't it ironic, don't ya think?

4 comments:

Tara Fears said...

OK, that looks like fun. Except...tell the truth, did you get any wedgies playing in those short denim shorts? Cause I don't think that would be very comfortable.

byufish said...

Fun! And ya....i'm not sure if I'd want to be white trash or 80's girls...hmmmm...probably white trash...too much lycra on the other team. Don't you LOVE spring though? I walked out of my building earlier today and smelled fresh flowers! What the...I almost did the jig-o-joy!!

Sara said...

I LOOOOOOOVE THE OUTFITS. Wasn't it uncomfortable playing?!? I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUUU

Diane said...

WACKY 5??? We play that, and you need to come over and play with us. I love that your team won, was there even a question? See you soon.