Sunday, February 8, 2009

Updates from the Arctic

I feel like my blogging life is frighteningly familiar to my journal writing life when I was in CTR8. I tend to go on streaks and vow to myself that I am going to be consistent with my writing and then I don't write in it again until CTR9 and the entry looks identical to that of the one written a year prior, with all the promises that I am going to write every day now. (and so on and so forth) But at least I would write when I could!! And that is my theory with my blog. I hear from a lot of random people who read my blog that it's so funny that I don't write for months at a time...and it is funny. That's what I was going for. something we could all laugh about. So I'll probably just continue to only write every 3-6 months. But look on the bright side-we can all have great laughs at how funny it is that I never update! :)

ANYWAY life in Logan is great!! Oh boy, college...where to start, where to start!? Well I could start with a GREAT story about my GREAT roommie! Molli Merrill. She is a doll. I came in one night and the first thing I see is this....


My roommate Molli with scrapes all over her face! I honestly, for the life of me, cannot recall what my first impression was, I had no idea what happened to Molli, but as soon as she flashed me her cheesy grin, and I knew she was physically alright, I busted up laughing!! (It is a pretty funny sight you have to agree) Well she finally told me her story of how they all went sledding down Old Main and she brilliantly thought she would sled down backwards. (for those of you that don't know what Old Main looks like...come up to Logan sometime and see for yourself. But let's just say, sledding down it backwards isn't the brightest idea) Anyway, poor Molli smashed into a tree and flipped around and plowed into the hood of a parked car at the bottom of the hill, SMASHING the front head light (along with the entire left side of her face) but the great part about this whole story...is the note she posted on the car!! "Sorry, I broke your headlight with my face, call me if you want me to fix it". Needless to say, they never called her.


This past week my neighbors decided that the girls on the 2nd floor at Snow Hall don't know each other as much as we should. (which is embarrassing since we have all been here since August) Anyway, so we had a girls Taco Tuesday! It was really fun to meet a bunch of new girls and just hang out. I learned how to make a paper Crane for a Tip Toe to Asia thing for one of my neighbors...After we were done eating and getting to know each other pretty much everyone left. One thing led to another and all the sudden Hali (the girl who taught me Origami) was in the ceiling! I'm still not sure what made her want to go up there, because once she came out she was covered in nasty, linty fiberglassy stuff. It was great. We sure know how to have a good time up here in Logan! Well, I hope my stories entertained you all enough to tide you all over for the next few months or so! :)


1 comment:

BYU Fish said...

HOly MOly....hey funny...didn't mean to capitalize the "O's"! Good to know you're still alive...well back in February! I'm singing for you at Conference sis....look for me....4 rows up and 3 seats from the men! AND we gotta get together next time I'm up! SERIOUS!!