Thursday, September 4, 2008

College Life...

It's almost been a month since the epistle of channy has seen a post...so I thought, since I have absolutely no classes today I would do another post!
For anyone who doesn't know, let me be the first to tell you, college life is so much different than high school life! (but not too far off from those who went to Bountiful...my entire building is from Bountiful-so it's just high school...continued) ANYWAY school officially started August 25th. I've been loving it! My first day was pretty crazy. I felt like a total Freshman-but a girl on my team, Lisa, one of the Senior goal keepers, helped me find all my classes! She took pretty much all the newbies around to ALL their classes on the first day of school. She's pretty much our mom away from mom. It's a nice situation I've got here.

Since Lisa takes me to school every day, I haven't had any need to learn the busing system here in Logan. But I knew that Lisa wouldn't last the entire semester-and even if she did, she wouldn't be here in the spring because she graduates in December. So one day when I was done with class I decided to just jump on a bus and ride it until I ended up somewhat close to my place. (Bad idea) I rode that sucker all the way out into the middle of nowhere! Then Lisa called me and asked where I was, and I had no idea. I ended up just riding it until it made the rounds back to campus and I ended up right where I started. I don't ride buses any more.

This semester I am taking Chemistry, Creative Arts, Institute, Humanities, and a mandatory athlete Connections class. It's a pretty light load, but nice because of how demanding my schedule is. The first week of school I missed Thursday AND Friday due to and awesome soccer trip to OREGON!
We played Oregon and Oregon State. The game against Oregon was tough, we played really hard and had our chances, but barely fell short 1-0, but our coach was proud of the way we fought. The game against Oregon State wasn't the same scenario, we played horrible against Oregon State. Our coach was not very happy with anyone that game. We ended with a 2-1 loss against a team we definately should have beat. Now our reccord is 1-3 with an additional loss to Idaho State at the beginning of the season and a win on our own turff against University of Seattle. Today we play Texas State and are hoping to once again defend our home field!

5 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

All I have to say about the bus story is that isn't not as bad as sending a letter with a 1-cent stamp...but barely. Ha ha ha.

Tara Fears said...

Ha, Steph sent a letter with a 1-cent stamp?! Chan...good luck in you game today! I wish I was there to watch you play! Um, but I'll be with you in the #33 spirit! I'm thinking you should post some more pictures next time ok? We bloggers love the stories, but we also LOVE pictures! Especially when it's a sister who lives 700 miles away from her sister and so that's the ONLY way she gets to see her! Love ya!

Ryan + Jess said...

Don't give up on the buses, Chan. Let them become your friend!

Good luck in your games - we are always reading up on the internet to see how things are going for the team!

Tara Fears said...

Oh yes I did! I tagged you, so go to my blog, read what you have to do and post a new blog here!!!

Alison Margot Lee said...

Ha am glad you are having a good time here. I love going to your games. They are so fun!Oh and by the way I got a blog! LovieLee.blogspot.com. If you want to see it just go to Carol's blog she has it on there.